- Driver Training Programs
Driver Training Programs
- Safety and right driving techniques
- Vehicle maintenance
- Fuel conservation
- Soft skills orientation
- Fully-interactive training programs with high degree of audio visual content including classroom and practical sessions
We have designed a Driver's Manual in Hindi and other regional languages to make the understanding easier for drivers. Refresher Driver Training Programs are also conducted regularly at all our dealerships across the country, covering about 40,000 drivers every year.
Low Cost Driver Training Institutes
According to statistics by NSDC, India will require an additional 5.1 million drivers by 2022 in transportation industry. Establishing fully-fledged driver training institutes is a big challenge as it requires a massive capital investment and huge area of land.
To deal with this, Eicher has come up with a unique concept of Low Cost Driver Training Institute after studying the Singapore Safety Driver Training School. On 100% capacity utilization, the Institute produces 720 fresh drivers in addition to refresher trainings of existing drivers.
The infrastructure is organized as under:
- Institution partner Eicher
- Building with class rooms, Training material
- Office-cum-faculty rooms,Content revision
- Dormitory accommodation System & procedures
- Furniture & fittings, training equipment , teaching aids and Office equipment Periodic audit
- Two used cars for practical training Light/Medium Duty Bus- 1
- Training faculty- 4 nosHeavy duty Truck- 1
- Day-to-day operation of DTI.
- Rs 18-20 lac Rs 30-32 Lac
Institutes Offering Pre and Post-licensing Driver Training Programs
- Latur (Maharashtra) Phoenix – Eicher Institute of Driver Training & Research MORTH has since sanctioned grant to convert the institute with full-fledged infrastructure with driving practice track and academy building & hostel on 15 acres land.
- Pune (Maharashtra) SAI – Eicher Institute of Driver Training & Research
- Paralekha mandi (Odisha) Centurion University of Technology & Management (CUTM) – Eicher Institute of Driver Training & Research CUTM is NSDC award winner for skill development through vocational training.
- Koderma (Jharkhand) & Kolhapur (Maharashtra) PanIIT Alumni Reach For India Foundation (PARFI) – Eicher Institute of Driver Training& Research PARFI is NSDC award winner for skill development through vocational training.
Coming Up Institutes
- Mumbai (Maharashtra)Western India Automobile Association
- Indore (MP)Safeducate Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Jaipur (Rajasthan)Safeducate Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Namakkal (Tamilnadu)NTC college of Engineering
- Raigarh (Chhattisgarh)O P Jindal Community College
Eicher plans to open a total of 54 driver training institutes which will train 12 lac drivers in the next ten years, out of which 10% will be women drivers for commercial vehicles.
Road and Safety Program
Eicher’s road safety programs have been designed with the help of traffic experts, and are delivered by highly-qualified trainers who have been trained to meet international standards. The in-depth knowledge and vast experience of trainers make these programs highly-effective and successful.
- Participation in various road safety conferences
- Sponsoring National Road Safety Week wherein several activities like road safety education seminars, painting competition for children on subject of road safety etc. are organized
- Developing films to promote road safety
- Road Safety Education programs for school children under its unique initiative called "Road Safety Champs – Safe Kids Today Good Citizens Tomorrow"
- Eicher conducted a Nationwide Road Safety Program wherein all drivers were trained at VE Commercial Vehicles dealerships & customer locations in different cities
Eicher’s three films on road safety have won prestigious global awards:
- Safe driving - Won an award in the International Road Safety Film Festival, Delhi (2007)
- Safe Transportation of Hazardous Goods - Won an award in the Global Film festival on Road Safety, Paris (2008)
- Pehla Qadam - Safe Roads, Safe Kids - Won an award in the Global Film Festival on Road Safety, Marrakesh (2010)
All programs are delivered by expert trainers to teach students about road rules and regulations along with safety tips in a very interactive way.
Fuel and Environment Conservation
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited is the only Commercial Vehicle manufacturer in India which has extensively conducted fuel conservation training programme known as EFFECT - Eicher Fuel Efficiency Enhancement Training, along with the Petroleum Conservation Research Association.
- Educating trainees the steps to conserve fuel and reduce atmospheric pollution
- Enabling 15% fuel savings post the training