- Goodearth Education Foundation
Goodearth Education Foundation
The Goodearth Education Foundation was found by the Eicher group of companies to implement its mission:
“To educate India's children with a special emphasis on the girl child, starting with primary education for the rural poor.”
This mission statement emerged from the deep desire among Founder members of the company to contribute to efforts in the field of education, which they believe is a key area for facilitating change and progress in India.
The aim of the Foundation is to initially focus on improving the quality of education in the government primary schools in rural areas.
In 1996, the Foundation began its work by providing support to an initiative based in the Rai Bareilly, U.P. This project covered around 63 schools and the Foundation benefitted about 15,000 children over a period of 4 years.
In 1998, further efforts were initiated in Thane district (Maharashtra), Alwar district (Rajasthan) and Solan district (Himachal Pradesh), where in the first phase, a total of approximately 90 schools and 9,000 children were covered.
What We Do?
- Facilitating training of teachers to build their capacity and motivation
- Ongoing facilitation and resource support to teachers to help them improve quality of education
- Development of appropriate teaching-learning material
- Regular interaction with parents and other community members to develop awareness and mobilize support for education
- Regular interaction with Cluster, Block and District level education authorities
- Need-based school improvement activities like repair and maintenance of building, etc.
- Setting up of alternative schools for children unable to access the government schools
For Further Queries Please Contact
- Address: Goodearth Education Foundation
5, Institutional Area, Common Cause House, Nelson Mandela
Road, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi - 110 070
- Telefax: +91-11-6893719
- Phone: +91-11-6132350
- Email: email@example.com