- INDUSTRY INSTITUTION TIE-UP FOR BRIDGING THE SKILL GAP
INDUSTRY INSTITUTION TIE-UP FOR BRIDGING THE SKILL GAP
The automotive industry is one of the key drivers of Indian economy. It generates direct employment of 30 to 40 % (manpower for automobile & component manufacturing) and indirect employment of 60 to 70 % (manpower for enabling industries i.e. Vehicle dealers, Finance & insurance companies, Service stations, Private garages, Spares part distributors, Drivers & helpers). However, the quality of personnel coming out of the institutions does not match the current needs of the industry.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited, under its CSR, has designed specific programs to meet this critical gap, and established nine centers across India on an Industry-Institute collaborative model to enhance the quality of the commercial workforce.
- Ahmedabad ITI Kubernagar
- Mysore National Institute Of Engineering
- Mohali Rayat-Bahra Education Group
- Kolkata MCKV Institute of Engineering
- Dehradun ITI Dehradun
- Kottayam Amal Jyothi College of Engineering
- Coimbatore Ramkrishna Mission Vidyalaya Industrial Training Centre
- Vijaywada PSC Bose Memorial Trust
- Paralekhamandi (Odisha) Centurion University of Technology and Management.
The training centers are equipped with state-of-the facilities, and the objective of this collaboration is to provide a deep understanding of the latest automobile technology and manufacturing processes to the students so that they can be readily absorbed in the industry with minimum orientation and on-job training.
- Dynamic cut section models
- Wall charts
- Practice units
- Technical publications
- Scientific overhauling of commercial vehicles
Eicher Technical Training Programme (ETTP)
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited has conceptualized special training programmes for ITI Students and school drop-outs, called "Eicher Technical Training Programme" (ETTP) as a part of its Industry-Academia Collaborative model.
- Understanding of modern automobile technology
- Scientific way of repair, maintenance, and overhaul of commercial vehicles
- Customer service management
This aspect is critical in today's market, particularly with the advent of new generation commercial vehicles and manufacturing techniques.
Automotive Technician Training for School Drop-outs
In its commitment to the cause of developing competency among youth in the automotive sector, VE Commercial Vehicles Limited decided to set up an Auto Skill Center in collaboration with Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh. The main objective of this center was to enhance the employability of the youth and ensure their sustainable livelihood.
- State-of-the-art automobile lab
- Residential hostel for students
- 3 months rigorous training course to qualify for ASDC – Automotive Service Technician Level 3 certification
- Center is designed for 160 trainees per year and 40 candidates per batch/quarter
The program enables candidates to assist in the service, maintenance and technical repair of vehicles, making them industry-ready in the process.