Heavy duty trucks and buses drive Eicher growth in May 2012
The following are the key highlights:
- Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3587 units in the month of May 2012 which is 2% higher than May 2011 sales. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 21995 units in comparison to YTD 2011 sales of 19689 units, representing a growth of 12%.
- In the domestic CV Market (5T and above), Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 7%. The May 2012 figure stands at 3432 units in comparison to 3206 units of May 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 20918 units in comparison to YTD 2011 sales of 18301 units, representing a growth of 14%.
- In the Bus segment, Eicher branded Buses have recorded a 49% growth. The May 2012 sales stand at 932 units in comparison to 625 units of May 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 3777 units in comparison to YTD 2011 sales of 2500 units, representing a 51% growth
- The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher branded trucks have recorded sales of 601 units in comparison to 401 units of May 2011, representing a growth of 50%. The YTD 2012 Eicher HD sales are at 3674 units in comparison to 2838 units of 2011, representing a 29% growth.
- On the Exports front Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 155 units in May 2012 in comparison to 309 units of May 2011. However the exports pipeline continues to be very healthy.
Disclaimer: All statements included or incorporated by reference in this media release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us. Although VE Commercial Vehicles believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement was made, and VE Commercial Vehicles undertakes no obligation to Update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given that actual results, performance or achievement expressed in, or implied by, forward-looking statements within this disclosure will occur, or if they do, that any benefits can be derived from them.
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.