VECV extends support to provide relief to local communities during COVID-19 across the country.
- VECV announced a multitude of measures to help communities, healthcare, and law enforcement workers during the widespread pandemic.
- VECV provided limited emergency 24x7 support to trucks carrying essential goods and extended warranty for 2 months across its product portfolio.
New Delhi, 30th April: VE Commercial Vehicles (VECV) has actively participated in the relief activities across India to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. VECV has undertaken a wide range of initiatives to support communities with basic amenities, food items and healthcare kits across various regions in India. As a part of this outreach, VECV also aims at supporting law enforcement and healthcare personnel, for their selfless deeds during the pandemic and times of lockdown. The company is also supporting local and regional Government authority funds such as CM relief fund, District Magistrate/ Collectors COVID-19 fund, Dhar Collectors fund for COVID-19 and voluntary employee contributions.
Providing food to the affected sections of the society
Over 1,20,000 meal packets have been prepared and distributed till date from manufacturing plant facilities of VECV at Pithampur and Dewas. Another 4,500 packets per day are being further distributed to help the underprivileged and vulnerable sections of the society. In association with a local NGO, Action Aid, VECV has already reached out to over 500 construction workers in Bhopal to assist them with food and sanitation kits.
Helping the real warriors
VECV strongly believes in taking care of the driver community and the company is reaching out to support them through various avenues.
- With the help of IOCL, VECV has provided food, masks, and sanitisers to over 1000 drivers through its Driver Pragati Kendras at 6 locations.
- The company also handed out hygiene kits to drivers at Transport Nagar and Singhu border in Delhi, in association with Dr. Shroff's Charity Eye Hospital, Delhi Traffic Police and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)
- VECV also tied up with AITWA to ensure the cabin sanitization of over 1,600+ trucks and has gone ahead with the distribution of masks and sanitizers, at key locations such as Mumbai airport, Delhi airport and Nhava Sheva.
- Additionally, through its company-owned dealerships, VECV is providing food, shelter and medical kits to help stranded drivers.
Supporting the customers
Keeping customer centricity at the core during these times, VECV has extended warranty, free service, and annual maintenance contracts for two months across all its product portfolio. To further support mobility of essential goods on the roads, over 102 EOS (24x7 Eicher On-Road Service) vans were made available for any emergencies, apart from 65 site support teams by Volvo Trucks. The state-of-the-art Uptime Centre was run seamlessly for remote diagnostics and service support.
Supporting the Corona Heroes
To assist and ensure the wellbeing of law enforcement and healthcare personnel, who are the heroes fighting this pandemic at the forefront, VECV is directly distributing masks and sanitizers to them. The company has distributed over 5000 Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to the healthcare personnel.
Commenting on the initiatives undertaken by VECV, Mr. Vinod Aggarwal, MD & CEO, VECV said,” We, as a country, are going through a very tough phase while we fight the pandemic. We at VECV have made our humble contribution towards various relief funds to support the affected communities. We are providing every possible support for healthcare and law-enforcement personnel, drivers, and our customers. While we continue to contribute to the efforts, we hope that this unprecedented situation passes soon. We, at VECV, wish everyone the best of health and safety.”
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, exclusive distribution of Volvo Trucks in India, engine manufacturing and exports for Volvo Group, nonautomotive engines and Eicher component business. A multi-brand, multi-division company, backed by innovative products & services, VECV today, is recognised as an industry leader for modernizing commercial transportation in India and developing world.